Re: GtkArg changes

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> yes, i'm aware, i mailed havoc about those, as i don't actually know
> what his tabs are about.

Tabs are PangoTabArray, should be a boxed type. (Probably should be a
boxed type registered by Pango, but for now I'll just put it in
gtktypebuiltins.)

> for the font description however, BOXED or POINTER is a pretty bad choice,
> instead, he should take something like STRING and then internally use
> pango_font_description_from_string()/pango_font_description_to_string().

The "font" arg takes a string, and "font_desc" takes a font
description struct. You may want to use the struct if you are
e.g. deriving the font programmatically, for example say you are
creating 10 fonts in a range of sizes from 10 to 100 points, you don't
want to sprintf the sizes into strings.

Currently the text widget just segfaults all over the place because
insert_text on the buffer doesn't work, which is why I haven't fixed
this. I may revert insert_text to use GTK_TYPE_POINTER for now to get
past the segfaults (I know this won't help you James).

Havoc