Re: Disabling memory chunks and free list in glib

on 12/18/00 8:05 AM, Alexander Larsson at alla lysator liu se wrote:

> Here is a preliminary patch that adds a configure option that disables all
> memory chunks and free lists in glib.
>
> I don't know if this is the correct way to to this, as by disabling the
> memchunk code the application developer cannot use mem chunks either. On
> the other hand it is a lot cleaner that going through all GMemChunk users
> in glib and gtk+.
>
> Comments?

You might find lines 783-973 of the leak checker code
<http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/eazel-tools/leak-checker/eazel-leak-checker
.c>  interesting.

This is an attempt to accomplish the same "turn off memory chunks and free
lists" thing with glib 1.X at runtime to make our leak checker work better.

Look at my versions of g_nodes_new and g_nodes_free, for example.

    -- Darin