Re: non-attached style detached in gtkinvisible.

Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:

> On 20 Dec 2000, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > (I'm not so sure that your usage of GtkInvisible in the GtkWindow
> > code is appropriate - I'll try to read that over in detail and get
> > comments to you on that today.)
>
> Here is a new version of that patch after i've made some changes tim
> suggested. I would like to replace the dummy_widget hace with something
> cleaner, but don't know what.
>
> This is just the Gtk parts, there are some small changes to gdkfb too. One
> function to read the decorations from a window and one to trap
> gdk_window_move (GTK_WIDGET (window)->window, x, y) calls.

I'm not entirely happy with the way that this patch has little bits
and #ifdefs all over the GtkWindow code.

Here's my idea about how to handle it in a cleaner way.

I think you should add the ability to have a frame window to GdkWindow
unconditionally as something like:

 gtk_window_set_has_frame        (GtkWindow *window);
 gtk_window_set_frame_dimensions (GtkWindow *window,
                                  gint       left,
                                  gint       right,
                                  gint       top,
                                  gint       bottom);

And add a single signal

 ::frame_event

To implement ::frame_event, connect to ::event on GtkWindow in
gtk_window_init() and if the event is on the frame window,
do a gtk_signal_emit_stop_by_name().

I'd guess that the extra code for this is about 100 lines
of code, and probably will be useful to the XMMS crows anyways.

Then you should be able to implement the decorated-window stuff
in a completely separate compilation unit using this functionality
and object data.