Re: GDate API Rename Patch #2

Hi,

I think better than runtime messages is to just turn off compat.h by
default. The question is when do you do that.

The "deprecation policy" I wrote up a while back specified when;
actually compat.h didn't fit in to that scheme, because it's more
fine-grained than compat or no compat. But Owen didn't like the policy
because it took like 3 releases to get rid of stuff (= 6-8 years at
current release speeds...)

So I think we need a simpler, faster-to-deprecate policy that says
when stuff gets deprecated, then implement accordingly.

gcompat.h seems sane though, the only questions are whether
DISABLE_COMPAT_H is on or off by default, and maybe we want different
variables than DISABLE_COMPAT_H (to disable/enable particular kinds of
deprecated stuff).

Havoc