caching if a signal has a connection

Hi,

I was recently advised to check if a signal has any connection before
emitting it since this signal would be emitted quite frequently and it
would be a big overhead, so I used gtk_signal_handler_pending. However, it
occured to me that gtk_signal_emit_real should not take longer if there's
no handler function than checking it via gtk_signal_handler_pending, and
thinking more about it, I think since a lot of signals are emitted that
have no handlers, caching if gtk_emit_real should return immediatly could
be quite a performance boost if signal emission is really an
overhead currently.

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus@cactus.rulez.org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key