Re: Signal memory leak.

> > that the `object' and the `data' arguments are merely swapped to achive this
> > effect is actually an implementation "feature" (and doesn't even steem from
> > the original implementation of the signal system).
>
> Well, the fact that connect_object() didn't originally swap the arguments
> isn't very relevant here. And the function of connect_object() is
> well described by saying it swaps the object and data arguments that
> would be used if the plain gtk_signal_connect() is used.
>
> > so i'm much in favour of the *_data variant over something like *_swapped,
> > *_other or *_funky_funk ;)
>
> I'd agree with Havoc that "swapped" seems to describe the function
> of this well, while "data" says nothing to me.

I think Tim is right that swapped doesn't really say much about the
function of it.  What seems to be important is that the data which is
being swapped is extern and not an object thus data, or external or something
similar should be used.  Also I think the arguments should be arranged so
at to look like an object/func pair rather than the strange mix that it is.

guint gtk_signal_connect_external(GtkObject* connect_object,
                                  gpointer   handle_object,
                                  GtkSignalFunc func);

seems most appropriate, but YMMV.  (handle_obj/func) seems more
like a Object/Object Func pair.

--Karl