Re: Second draft (was Re: defs files)

Karl Nelson <kenelson@ece.ucdavis.edu> writes:
> Shouldn't the signal have the c-name of emitting function if
> the signal is publically callable.  Having a signal
> and the emit definitions separate means the relationship
> is weak.  Since we prefer calls to be made to the emitting
> function rather then directly with gtk_signal_emit, because
> extra checking is done in the emit function.
>
> Defining them separately seems bad.

Indeed, this is another thing I can't autogenerate though.

Can I propose a /*< emits signalname >*/ magic comment to go on the
line preceding any function that emits a signal? this could go in the
1.2.x branch in CVS (even if a 1.2.7 is never released we can use the
CVS code for defs-generation).

I think the magic comments are the thing to add whenever we can't
autogenerate stuff.

s/gint/gboolean/ changes also need to go in to make autogeneration
easier.

Example of the magic emits comment:
/*< emits clicked >*/
void gtk_button_clicked(GtkButton* button);

OK that was probably clear without an example. :-)

Havoc