Re: Gtk{Tree,List} replacement proposal

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:
<function naming snipped, as others have stronger opinions then me>

> The following things are missing:
>
> gtk_tlview_get_column_title_active
> gtk_tlview_get_selection_type

Good point.  Will add.

> * gtk_tlview_{expand,collapse} as opposed to all - you need to be able
>   to programatically expand or collapse arbitrary subtrees. These
>   could take a GtkTLPath.

One question I forgot to ask is wether or not it's better for the
programmer to modify the tree with TLPaths or TLNodes.  It's fairly
easy to convert between the two, but I'm not sure which is more
convenient.

> * "expand" and "collapse" signals
>
> * A "select" signal maybe this is inherited from something else?

I was using gtk_tlview_set_select_function to let you control whether or
not a selection can happen, but perhaps a signal is a better way to do
so.  Same with expanding/collapsing.

Thanks,
-Jonathan