Re: localization_gtk+

> We need to put to form (label) (for interface) a message on the
> national (russian) Language in GTK win32 application.  Hawewer these
> messages is not put to form. What are possibility reasons? How to
> correct this?

The strings passed to GTk+ on Win32 must be in UTF-8. To convert from
your codepage to UTF-8 there are several possibilities. Perhaps the
simplest is to use MultiByteToWideChar (which has a bit misleading
name, it works well for converting also single-byte codepages to
Unicode), then change the resulting string of (16-bit) wchar_t to a
string of (32-bit) GdkWChar, and finally call gdk_wcstombs (which
produces UTF-8 on Win32). Hmm, that was just a quick burst of typing,
I don't know if it makes any sense ;-)

--tml