Re: Submenu hysteresis patch

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, David Santiago wrote:

> > > I'd suggest to make this configurable (gtk_menu_hysteresis_timeout_set ()).
> > > GNOME could then have this configured via the control-center.
> > >
> > > Nils
> > >

> > I'm all for configurability, and I'd love to have this configurable, along
> > with a hundred other little things in GTK+ (the space between menu items,
> > the minimum size of a scrollbar thumb, double-click timeout, etc). It
> > wasn't the aim of the patch, at this point, to add a new function to the
> > API. I thought I'd heard something about a global configuration system
> > coming along at some point...in any case, I'd be glad to participate in
> > that when something gets figured out.
>
> Hmmm, 'til then something along this should do it (warning: pseudo code, I
> don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to thread safety,
> one probably would have to do something with GMutex'es):
>
> Nils

Well, I'm not really confused about how to implement it, I'm just
wondering what that means. Does that mean someone can take it upon
themselves to change the submenu hysteresis timeout from their own
application? I certainly don't want that. Does it mean they can change it
for specific menus? That doesn't seem correct either... How do you keep
this so that it's used only for global configuration (by GNOME, say)?

 - David :)