Re: chubbiness reduction

"Daniel Richard G." <straker@fox.mit.edu> writes:

> Semi-on-topic rant:

Before I even read it: we are taking patches. ;-) We've been totally
overloaded finishing GTK 2, and we're to the stage where we barely
have time to finish what's on the list now, so no new stuff on the
TODO list.

> I've been working on a theme engine recently (Buffy) and the
> xthickness/ythickness bit turned out to be one of the most frustrating
> problems I encountered. Not so much that changing the values caused widgets
> to break, but that the change is applied uniformly across every single
> widget, without any recourse for exceptions. I wanted to use values of 3,3,
> but use 1,1 for the scrollbar, etc. Not being able to override these on a
> widget-by-widget basis (by having {x,y}thickness as fields in
> GtkWidgetClass, for example) is making the final look much less successful
> than it could have been.

Fixed in GTK 2.0 already. xthickness/ythickness are now in the style
instance rather than the style class.

Well, you got out of the patch-sending. Maybe you can port your engine
to GTK 1.3 for us, and report bugs in this stuff. ;-)

Havoc