Re: UCS-2 in gunicode.h

> >         g_warning ("Conversion from character set `%s' to `%s' is not supported",
> I'm distinguishing these two error cases as "should not ever happen",
> vs. the case where the text to be converted is invalid, which can
> happen on non-broken systems.

iconv returning EINVAL is not a "should not ever happen". As you said
in an earlier message:

> I think there are about a zillion codesets, not all of them supported
> on all systems

So if Evolution gets a message with "Content-type: text/plain;
charset=x-klingon", and tries to convert it to UTF-8 (a theoretically
correct operation), g_convert should fail "gracefully", not with a
g_warning.

-- Dan