Re: reconsider use of _ prefix for struct tags?

eric.b.lemings@lmco.com writes:
> New code could (should?) drop the underscore but the convention is used
> extensively in existing code.  Unless existing code needs to be modified for
> some other reason, there's no real benefit.  That's about the only problem I
> see with using the proposed convention.

I don't see any benefit to changing new code, then you just lose
consistency, and one of the big benefits of the glib/GTK codebase is
that it has pretty good consistency.

It's not a problem in practice; it's a purely theoretical problem.
Most C implementations seem to use __ instead of _ for private stuff
anyway.

Havoc