Re: animations with gdk-pixbuf

> The pixbuf-loader is used for progressively loading data.  It doesn't
> change anything other then the fact you can look at 'partially' loaded
> images.  You would need to add the multi-page stuff to io-tiff
> independent of wether or not you progressively load it.

Ok, I've understood what you meant.
As I said earlier, it could still be possible to load only one page at
a time with libtiff (TIFFSetDirectory). So even if we don't support
bitmap, we still can support loading one image at a time if we add a
function in the loader.

Currently, in gdk-pixbuf-animation.c, the mechanism to load a frame is:

GdkPixbuf*
gdk_pixbuf_frame_get_pixbuf (GdkPixbufFrame *frame)
{
	return frame->pixbuf;
}

Where it could be something like:

GdkPixbuf*
gdk_pixbuf_frame_get_pixbuf (GdkPixbufAnimation *anim, GdkPixbufFrame *frame)
{
	return (anim->loadframepixbuf) (frame);
}

In which case, the load would be reponsible to do what is required to
return the pixbuf.

Speaking about faxes, even if one page is ~4 Mb, this mechanism would
prevent us from having to load every images in memory (later, we could
even use this library to load movies for example).

Wolfgang