Re: gtk file selector patch proposal

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 12:40:46PM -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> But I think I've demonstrated that a lot can be done within the existing
> interfaces and preserving  compatibility with the entire 1.2.x API.

Could support for typing characters in the "Directories" and "Files"
list, where typing a given character selects, in that list, the item
following the currently selected item (or, if no item is selected, the
first item) beginning with that letter, be done with the existing API?

It's a pain to have to go grab the rodent after having popped up the
open box (which can often be done from the keyboard).