Re: stock system

> > jrb did some hacks to GtkMenuItem so that it's now possible to make a
> > subclass that works properly; basically he added a toggle_size_request
> > method to GtkMenuItemClass, IIRC. It's a pretty clean solution. So
> > first I'd need to apply that patch, then look at writing my subclass.

Patch is at:
http://people.redhat.com/jrb/files/gtkmenuitem-size-alloc.patch.gz

> urg ;(
> ok, i haven't seen that yet, but if we want to feature icons for
> menu items, we should be as generic as with accelerators. and that
> includes the ability to have icons for toggle/radio items as well
> (meant to mention that in my last mail. forgot. need sleep. bzzzt ;)
> that is, prolly change gtk_menu_size_request() ala:

What the patch does is adds a second pass to the size-request feature,
asking
each menu-item what size it's 'toggle' is.  This could be anything the
subclass wants it to be, from an image to a radio button.

(FWIW, this was sent to the list 5 months ago... :-)

Thanks,
-Jonathan