help me...help me... I want to add the event on the window...

hello...
I'm  developing the application with gtk+
How can I do add the maximize event on the window when window is shown.....
In detail ..
I want to show the window such as user click the maximize button on window ..
I use the function "gtk_widget_add_event(window,eventtype)" but nothint happens...
for example..
I use the function "gtk_tree_item_expand( (GtkTreeItem *)item )" on the tree such as user click expand + symbol
I want to do like this on the window.....
how can I do ?
please help me....
please help me...

¿ì¸® ÀÎÅͳÝ, Daum