Multiple Displays

This is a novice's question. Does GDK support multiple displays? Is there any
way to initialize GDK for all displays I have connected to? Or, do I have to
use low level Xlib functions?
Now that imlib has been cast away, one may not use imlib-Xlib and I don't know
whether gdk-pixbuf has support for multiple displays. One can understand the
need for moving to gdk_pixbuf, but imlib had this advantage of providing an
easier interface to Xlib with many of Xlib's advantages kept intact.
--
"Once a satyagrahi, always a satyagrahi"
Nikhil Bhavadas K. <nikhil@linuxstart.com>