Re: gssize, gsize

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:

> >  int => gint
> >  size_t => gsize
>
> you can draw the same argument for gconstpointer, and probably other
> types. gsize and gssize are already there, lets just fix them and
> be done with it.

Gtypes are a bit longer to type, and look ugly against sane C code.
The ones that are shorter to type, namely guint/guchar/gulong, are
convenient, but also look ugly against regular C code.  That's why I
don't like them.

What is the rationale for having gtypes at all?  Why can't we just use
the standard types?

  Federico