Re: Contibuting widgets

Brett Hall <swizin@rain.org> writes:

> Hi-
> I've just about finished the user customizable toolbar I've been working
> on.  I was wondering where to send it when its done, should I just
> upload it to ftp.gtk.org/incoming ?  I figured mailing it to the list as
> an attachment would be a unwelcome.

For something like a new widget, probably the right thing to do is to
mail the header file to the list and a description of a widget to the
list and then include a link to the full source code in your mail.

If you don't have anywhere to put stuff, then you could upload
the source code to incoming or (if smallish) attach it
in compressed form to your mail.

The reason I suggest this is that for something like a widget, it
is unlikely it would be added to GTK+ without discussion and
multiple iterations.

(A toolbar would have to be suitable to act as a replacement for the
current toolbar to be considered for inclusion in GTK+. We would
not want to have two toolbar widgets in GTK+.)