Re: gtk-calendar

Kevin Handy <kth@srv.net> writes:

> Tim Janik wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Kevin Handy wrote:
> >
> > > and attached is a patch against gtk+-1.2.8, so that you can tell me if
> > > I am way off the mark before I get too far. I don't think that I have
> > > changed any externally visible structs, calls, etc. I've only removed
> > > various static functions/structures.
> >
> > please supply unified diffs (-u) for review.
> > (just post it again, it's not that large).
> >
> Oops, sorry. I've done some more work on it, so here is the current
> versions.
>
> Attached is the testgtk changes to add a calendar option, that probably
> should have some buttons to control various options, and then the
> gtkcalendar.c changes themselves.

In head GTK+, I've moved the calender example into the gtk/ directory
as testcalender.c, so this addition probably isn't necesssary. Future
plan is to reorganize testgtk and split it into multiple files so
that more extensive tests can be added to it.

> I'm not sure what the function 'week_of_year' is really trying to do,
> because it validates a date that should be already valid, and modifies
> the year value through a pointer, which bothers me, but it was in the
> original code so I left it in.--- testgtk.c.old	Mon Jun 12 11:50:40 2000

> +static gboolean
> +week_of_year(guint *week, guint *year, guint mm, guint dd)

Standard coding style comment that you need a space before the paren.

(gtkcalender.c may not be exactly perfect in this regard, since neither
Tim or I as worked on it, but changes should follow this.)

> +  month_len = g_date_days_in_month(calendar->month + 1, calendar->year);

Again, there is is a missing space here. (etc, for the rest of the patch)

Unless Shawn has any comments, I'll go ahead and apply the patch in the
next day or two.