Re: pkgconfig

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 11:56:22AM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Martijn van Beers wrote:
> > I think it's mostly done now, so I put it on sourceforge:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pkgconfig
>
> This looks pretty good.  We should try to get people with a few different
> platforms could try the script to make sure it works.  With my initial
> version, I checked it with both bash and ash, so I don't think it had any
> GNU dependencies but it would be a good idea to make sure it works.

It still seems to work with ash, although I didn't do any extensive
testing.

> It would be great if this script gets use outside of gnome/gtk as well as
> for our own projects.

It would, that's one of the reasons I put it on sourceforge. I've been
looking at the KDE build way recently, and I can't really make much
sense of it. Part of the problem is that they have every macro
they use in a huge aclocal.m4. But they don't seem to have a seperate
macro for each lib, they just export the flags for every library every
time. This works since everything is in kde-libs anyway. So I doubt
they'll be interested :(

Martijn