Re: does glib use X at all.

-> I am porting gtk to the ggi library set. I have looked over glib breifly
-> and it seems that there is no X dependent stuff is this true or false?

	True.

	Glib is a general-purpose C library for things like linked lists,
hashes, trees, etc.  (as well as a ton of other cool stuff, like
platform-independent data types)

	There are really three layers in the Gtk+ widget set:

Glib:		General-purpose C library, good for any program
Gdk:		Graphics library, a thin wrapper layer around Xlib
Gtk+:		The actual widgets, which is built with Glib and Gdk

	In theory, porting Gtk+ is really just a matter of porting Glib
and Gdk to the target platform.

	If your target platform is ggi, then you don't need to port Glib.
You just need to port Gdk.

	As I mentioned, Gdk is just a thin wrapper around Xlib.  You will
probably want to look at the MS-Win32 port of Gdk as an example of porting
Gdk to non-X platforms.

--Derek