GTK+ Future timelines and features, help needed ???

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a place where the projected timelines and
features of the future GTK+ releases are documented...

I was starting to hunt around for a project to work on,  I have been
doing GUI Programming for quite a long time ( since 85', Tectronics,
SunView, X10, X11/Motif, AWT, Swing ). Most was at AT&T Bell Labs in
E-CAD,  and tho I love the concepts and OO'isms in Swing, I doubt if
it will become the leading GUI toolkit of the future. I like the C++
Qt toolkit API's, but I have an issue with it's licensing,  so, GTK+
looks like the way to go.  The C api just seems like a step backward
to me,  I understand the reasons,   but I left vanilla C programming
in the dust at the end of the 80's, I don't even know if I can THINK
non-OO anymore. ( Yes I know you can code OO like stuff in C, I have
had ENOUGH of that in Xt and Motif internals thank-you!!! GACK).

I find myself drifting towards toolkit programming in all my jobs, I
think the GTK or GNOME toolkit level is probably where I should look
to contribute.  The Bonobo stuff looks interesting,   but again,  it
looks odd used on top of C like that.  All my CORBA work has been in
C++ or Java.

I see there are  several C++ API's on top of  GTK+,  are any of them
the defacto-standard ???  Which one is tracking GTK+ development the
closest,  and provides the most natural and complete implementation?

Looking forward to working with this stuff...

Dean S Jones
deansjones@hotmail.com