Re: gssize, gsize

Thus spake Federico Mena Quintero:
> Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:
>
> > no, except for void, we use only g/G prefixed types in glib's API and
> > implementation and i don't remember agreeing to change that.
>
> Ugh, bleah, yuck.
>
> Just what is wrong with the standard C and system types?

<note>I'm new here and have no real clue</>

AFAICT, the idea is:
standard C types etc. are platform dependent (size of gint, say).
So some of the gtypes are to ensure platform independence (also gint8,
gint16, etc.)
Then it's a pain to remember which ones are system dependent and which
ones aren't, so you just allow g as a prefix for all the standard
types.

So -I think- this is supposed to be a compatibility layer, though I
may very easily be wrong (corrections?).

--
  -nils
Public key: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~nbarth/pub-key.txt

PGP signature