Re: SunOS linking (was: Re: Outstanding GTK+ patches)

On 01 March, 2000 - Tim Janik sent me these 4.2K bytes:

> On 18 Feb 2000, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > Fixes requiring further evaluation
> > ==================================
> >
> > glib-guy-990920-0
[..]
>   I'll only include the change for Solaris, though, as I don't have an
>   IRIX system on which to try this, and the Linux and FreeBSD systems I
>   use are configured to search "/usr/local/lib" for shared libraries, and
>   I have Glib and GTK+ installed there.
[..]
> +       case "`(uname -sr) 2>/dev/null`" in
> +       "SunOS 5"*)
[..]
> can we have confirmation/refusals from other SunOS people on this topic?

In Solaris 8 you can configure which paths to search for libraries
(runtime) separately for "Default Library Path" and "Secure Library
Path" (supposedly suid programs etc, but i couldn't quite get it to
work.. dunno)

So with SunOS 5.8+, you don't need/want this...

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå