Re: Framebuffer port of GTK/GDK !!

"ArcadePreserv Center" <arcadepreserv@hotmail.com> writes:
> So, to get the GTK programs to run on small (embedded ?) system, we need to
> port GDK to a non X-windows enviroment.
>

> I just want to point out to everyone interested that NOW is the time to do
> this, soon is to late. Trolltech has announced that there will soon be a QT
> version that uses only the framebuffer, aiming at low end and embedded
> systems. If we dont, and I dont, want to loose grounds for our free GTK
> toolkit to the propriatery QT toolkit all interested should act now.

Indeed, we'd very much like to see a framebuffer port. It should be
pretty easy; all you have to do is take the "machine independent"
drawing primitives library out of the X distribution, and write a GDK
port based on that. You might also need to write some cheesy windowing
code. But should be simple.

Havoc