Re: Framebuffer port of GTK/GDK !!

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 09:16:53AM -0800, ArcadePreserv Center wrote:

> Am I right, when I assume that this will make it possible to run GTK
> programs, like Gimp without X ?

GIMP can already run without X on at least 2 platforms, so the answer
to that is yes.

> Will it also without extra work make it possible to run Gnome without X
> (which would give a very lightweight desktop OS and make lots of GNU
> software available to embedded systems)?

It would require extra work to make GNOME work without X, though with
enough effort it probably would not be too hard once GDK was working.

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson@eventloop.com
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking