Re: gdk-pixbuf to GTK

on 3/23/00 2:25 PM, Owen Taylor at otaylor@redhat.com wrote:

>> struct _GdkPixbuf {
>> /* Reference count */
>> int ref_count;
>>
>> /* Libart pixbuf */
>> ArtPixBuf *art_pixbuf;
>> };
>
> OK, it's been pointed out to me that the above is very unclear.
> What the above is is the current (broken) structure. What I
> was suggesting in is that we have a single structure with
> a reference count instead of the one structure pointing to
> the other.

Since it's so simple, I suggest that we make not only merge the two together
into one structure, but also make the GdkPixbuf struct private. There are
already gdk_pixbuf functions (marked "convenience") for getting at all the
values in there and it would make it future expansion to additional formats
easier.

    -- Darin