Re: gtk+ compile problems...

Thus spake Owen Taylor:
> Nils Barth <nils_barth@post.harvard.edu> writes:
> > Thus spake Nils Barth:
> > > Hi-
> > >
> > > Sorry to bother, but I'm having trouble building gtk+.
> > <snip>
> > > So. . .I'd like to hack on gtk menus (add long menus? fix submenu
> > > navigation?).
> > > What should I do?
> >
> > Okay -- I just checked out an older copy from CVS that does compile.
>
> If you grab the latest GLib, GTK+ from CVS should compile fine.

really?
It still has the same error....
~/work/software/gtk+$ ./autogen.sh --with-glib=../glib
~/work/software/gtk+$ make
(dies at testgtk.c)
even with latest checkout (I think I'm doing everything right...I
checked out and recompiled glib and all...)

> (hurry ... grab it now, before Havoc and I check in our branches
> and cause more problems ;-)

don't worry -- I'm happily hacking on few week-old Gtk -- patches should
still work fine.

--
  -nils
Public key: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~nbarth/pub-key.txt