Re: Multihead support for GTK

On 02 Nov 2000, Owen Taylor wrote:

> "Sergio A. Kessler" <sak tribctas gba gov ar> writes:
>
>> there will be no changes in the file-selector arena ?
>> (because it seems that averybody and their pets have implemented
>> new file-selector dialogs)
>
> I think its clear that the file selection needs major improvements,
> and a lot of people are working on that. But because there are several
> projects underway, and because the changes needed are big, it doesn't
> seem very feasible to get major changes into GTK+-2.0.

Would it be possible to get our patch
<URL:http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/sigunix/projects/bugfixes> in for 2.0?  It
doesn't change the API at all, and gives a few essential improvements.  As
my coworker said "I don't feel like tearing my hair out when I use it."
I'm also quite happy with it.

Whether or not you use it, we would be very happy to get any kind of
(constructive) feedback.

Thanks,
-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg