Re: Once more a GtkComboBox preview :)

Kristian Rietveld <kristian planet nl> writes:

> > > Because everything worked fine with my earlier CVS glib/GTK+, I _hope_
> > > that all these crashed are caused by some bugs and not by my code...
> > > That's why I decided to post this preview despite of the crashes...
> >

> The real problem with the ComboBox is the tearoff window. When you click
> on the tearoff menu item in the popup, a dialog window will be created. It
> worked fine with my old CVS GTK+, but with my newer CVS GTK+ there are
> problems with the dialog window. I searched for an example in case I was
> coding stuff wrong, the only example which used a dialog window was the
> DND example in testgtk, which was... commented out :) I only don't know if
> the reason for commenting it out was the not working dialog window...

I'm not really quite sure what you mean by "Dialog Window"

GTK_WINDOW_DIALOG is basically the same as GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL except
it sets a transient_for hint pointing to the root window. The effect
of this is undefined in the X spec and your window manager could just
about anything in response to this. Some window managers may
use reduced decorations in this case, or make it stay above all
other windows of the app, but these things should be counted on.

The DND example in testgtk is commented out because it was written
for the very hold (GTK+-1.0) DND API, and never updated for the
GTK+-1.2 API. The real DND test these days is in testdnd.c.