Re: 1.2 theme properties / 2.0 default theme

Thus spake Maciej Stachowiak:
> Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> > I don't know if this is the direction we want to go for the GTK+-2.0
> > default theme or if we want to go with something more radical.
> > Some mockups that came out of a discussion on this subject are at:
> >
> >  http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gtk/2.0/ui/
> >

> I think you mean
>
> http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gtk/ui/

thanks!

> I definitely dislike the dark gray arrows in the "Proposed" versions
> there, they are too out of place and too vague as UI elements.
>
> > I'm fairly partial to the look of Garrett's mockup (which basically
> > became his Premier theme). But it has at least one major useability
> > issue - you can't tell whether widgets are focused or not.
>
> I like Arlo's proposal except for that cyan color. It could be really
> sweet with a nice blue or something as the secondary color.

I'd like to second this -- Arlo's proposal is really pretty.
Notably, it looks more like the Mac (OS 8/9) interface than the Windows one
(unlike the other proposals).

Re: color -- yeah, it's a bit dark...is there a way for themes to have
parameters, so that one could allow configuring the color (iirc, the
scrollbar elevator color is configurable on the mac), say.
Though it would probably be good to have a lighter color by default --
esp. for elevator/scroll bar shaft contrast.

--
  -nils
Public key: http://www.nbarth.net/~nbarth/pub-key.txt