Re: Gmodule stuff.

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:

> Hi Tim,

> > > #define G_MODULE_SUFFIX ".dll"
> >
> > i think having them without the dot would be better.
>
> ok. Additionally I like the idea to be able to open libtool .la archives. I'll
> cook up patch.

as james mentioned already, BSE does contain code to extract the library
names from .la files and load that.

> > > BTW: what about moving testgmodule to glib/tests? I would migrate it there, if
> > > you don't object.
> >
> > urm, i'd rather leave the test where it is, i don't see much point in moving
> > module specific tests away from their modules.
>
> The point is: When we leave it in gmodule nobody will ever call it, whereas
> when it is in the tests subdir (and in TESTS in tests/Makefile.am), it gets
> called with 'make check'. We could of course add it to TESTS in
> gmodule/Makefile.am, but that would not give the '5 of 10 tests failed'
> message in the end, but different messages for the different subdirs. That's
> why it seems like a good idea to move it to tests..

i know. however, the main point in testgmodule is to provide simple example
code. if you think automated test are important for gmodule, i have nothing
against (auto-)duplicating it in the tests dir, i just want it to not vanish
from the gmodule subdir.

> Bye,
> Sebastian

---