GLib madness...

Folks,

I've been fighting with the build process on BeOS and decided that doing a
build on FreeBSD 4.1.1 would allow me to compare the way the Makefiles and
so on got thrown together and hopefully help me throw some light on my
problems.  Hmmm.

FreeBSD 4.1.1 - grabbed anon CVS GLib and tried to build using

LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib" CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
./autogen.sh --with-maintainer-mode

Yes, it crashed and burned due to getpwuid_r!  Now FreeBSD is hardly a rare
or exotic system and this sort of problem really took me by surprise.  I
thought you guys would have had this building sweet as a nut on FreeBSD.

Building with the addition of --disable-threads got me a buitl version that
fails it's markup test, but it's a bogus way to have to build it :(

Anyway, back to my comparisons...

david