Re: glib time functions

* Robert Brady (robert suse co uk) wrote at 01:23 on 30/11/00:
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Ali Abdin wrote:
>
> > I basically just converted them into C. And it works :) Today is the 3rd day
> > of Ramadan (9th month I believe), and checking my application:
> > time_t 975543023 (RIGHT NOW!) in islamic is: 9 3 1421
>
> Yeah, but could you have told me a month ago that today would be the 3rd
> of Ramadan?

No I couldn't.

But this "date" issue has been happening ever since 1421 AD. I was surprised
that the algorithm I have implemented didn't take in the "off by one" errors
that could happen each year, this tells me there is something "funny" going on
wiht the Islamic calendar, that makes this calendar somewhat accurate.

I think, the Dhu al-Hijja month becomes 29 or 30 days depending on the length
of ramadan or something like that (and the algorithm estimates this "leap
year" occurance) - Like I said, not 100% accurate, buts its damn good so far.

Regards,
Ali