Re: glib time functions

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Ali Abdin wrote:

> I'd say ignore it (at least for the time being). Or have a function which we
> can set for "early" ramadan or "normal" ramadan schedule or "late" ramadan
> schedule. Then GLib could handle it internally.

I think it's better to not handle it at all than to handle it which such
flaws.  Better to press the Authorities to introduce a deterministic
calendar instead.

> Now lets try to picture Islamic calendar support taking timezones into account
> *shudder*

Or, Islamic calendar support for people living on Alpha Centauri, and
hence do not know whether the moon was seen or not until four years after
the fact.

--
Robert Brady
robert suse co uk