Re: glib outstanding stuff

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 06:36:50PM -0700, David Benson wrote:
> except if the file is a fifo (or an entry in /proc),
> so probably a fallback to havoc's original implemention
> would be a good idea.

	Oh, yeah, forgot about that case.  I have a load_file_fd()
function that handles those cases, and dynamic buffering is used.  I
still think that the overhead of stdio is not needed.

> On 4 Oct 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > Yes, your version looks better to me (modulo the fact that g_new()
> > does indeed crash if it fails - but we can just replace it with
> > g_try_malloc() and it will be fine).

	Eek!  I haven't had one fail, so I didn't see that.  What is the
status on the "try to get memory and fail gracefully so the app can
abort nicely" attempts?

Joel

--

"Against stupidity the Gods themselves contend in vain."
                                                        -Unknown

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org