Re: deprecation policy

On  7 Oct, Tim Janik wrote:

> i'm not comfortable with this, make this s/removed/moved/. the code is
> there already and _some_ people use it. getting rid of it in gtk
> propper is a good idea, but it has to stay available and maintained
> for people who do use it (e.g. GtkRuler in the gimp). the best thing
> is probably to open up a gtkspecials.tar.gz or similar named tarball
> that would be available from ftk://gtk.org as well.

 I haven't seen Gtkruler in any other places than GIMP and gtktest,
 but I definitely agree that it should be moved out of Gtk+ into some
 external widget library. The necessary changes in GIMP would be pretty
 done thus I suggest you keep on going that way and mark it deprecated
 quickly...

--

Servus,
       Daniel