Re: Window naming convention

Chema Celorio <chema celorio com> writes:
> I'd love to add more stuff to gtk as it is needed.
> I just feel that coding in gtk and getting patches across
> the maintainers is a lot harder, and we need to solve this
> problem now. It would not hurt if all the mayor apps
> start using a common way to name their toplevels imediatelly.
> It's a no brainer, we just need to do it.
>
> We can call it gtk_window_something and ship it with g-libs
> till it makes it into gtk.

Except that GTK 2.0 is going to ship well before gnome-libs 2.0, so if
you want to start using it sooner GTK is the place. (But in general I
don't think adding API that you know from the start is deprecated
makes any sense, especially if the only reason is to start using it a
couple months sooner.)

(If you were suggesting this function for gnome-libs stable, then
that's another issue and IMO a Bad Idea.)

Havoc