Re: GtkEditable and GtkTextView

Hi,

Owen just reminded me why we didn't reimplement GtkText in terms of
TextView, and the same thing applies to GtkEditable.

The problem is that the GtkEditable interface includes three signals:
changed, insert_text, and delete_text. changed works fine, you just
propagate changed from the buffer to GtkEditable. The problem is
insert_text and delete_text; these are used for filtering. i.e. their
default handler has to actually insert the text or delete the text.
To get this to work right, while keeping GtkTextBuffer working right,
and allowing multiple views on GtkTextBuffer, is pretty much
impossible as far as we can tell.

Havoc