Re: Window naming convention

Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com> writes:
> The point raised by George is implied as `Will the user ever change
> this setting?' and if so, it should use GConf.

Right, but as we already discussed it can use GConf no matter where
it's located.

> The function is simple enough that I think it could be put in place
> in Gtk+ 1.2 and 2.0

New API is never added to the stable version of GTK.

> If it does not go into 1.2, it can still go into gnome-libs 1.4

As far as I'm concerned this results in apps that very gratuitously
require bleeding-edge Linux distributions, and isn't a good idea. How
many users would be happy to upgrade their distribution just to get
this feature?

Havoc