Re: GtkEditable and GtkTextView

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> ok apart from the signature, which should be solvable by a rename,
> the main problem is that of a container obejct wanting to proxy the
> signal of an aggregate object...?
> lemme think about that.

I would phrase it that the problem is delegation of signals, i.e. for
virtual function calls you can usually write delegating wrappers, i.e.

class Interface
{
  virtual void frobate () = 0;
};

class Implementation
{
  virtual void frobate ();
};

class Wrapper
{
  virtual void frobate () { impl->frobate (); }

  Implementation *delegate;
};

So in this case, we GtkTextView is delegating its implementation of
the GtkEditable interface to GtkTextBuffer. But you can't delegate
signals, it doesn't end up working properly.

Havoc