Re: gtk_filesel: Showing file in file clist

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, mikeh bahnhof se wrote:

> Den Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:38:57 skrev Lars Clausen:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> We're again trying to improve the gtk_filesel widget, this time by
>> making the file clist automatically show the file that the program sets
>> the selection to (if possible).  Unfortunately, it turns out to be
>> rather difficult.  There is no gtk_clist_find_row_from_text, there is no
>> gtk_clist_get_num_rows (which would allow us to do a binary search).
>> The best solution we can see is not very good: Attaching a strdup() of
>> the text as data to each row and use gtK_clist_find_row_from_data to
>> find the row (what is the complexity on that anyway?  Linear?  Log?),
>> being very careful to deallocate the data.  Surely there must be a
>> better way to find rows in clists?  Any suggestions would be
>> appreciated.
>>
> dump clist and try the new gtktreelist instead because clist is
> deprecated in upcoming gtk2.0.

Well, there are already projects doing major rewrites for 2.0.  That's not
what we're doing, we're just making the current dialog better.  It'll be a
while before 2.0 is there anyway.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg