Re: Using GParam in GtkTLCell.

Mikael Hermansson <mikeh@bahnhof.se> writes:
> This is not an answer to your Question but when you talk about
> this I came up with another idea.(Well I'm mean Havoc's idea :-)
>
> Do you have any plans to implement an TAG parser like the one Havoc suggested
> use in GtkLabel?
>
> for example "<underline>text</underline>"?

Hmm, we could maybe implement:

PangoLayout* pango_layout_new_from_markup (const char *markup,
                                           GError    **error);

Then use this throughout GTK when a PangoLayout is being used for
rendering a single paragraph of text (should be GtkLabel, tree cells,
maybe some other places).

The markup tags can just straightforwardly correspond to pango
text attributes.

> Because it would be great to have this syntax also in TLView cells.
> If I'm correct there are plans to add Havoc's parser routines to glib?

No comments on those yet (well, Owen watched me implement it so
presumably isn't opposed, no thoughts from Tim).

Havoc