Possible bug in gtktextbtree.c

I've been trying to use the new editor in gtk+1.3, but
I seem to have run into a problem. The function
gtk_text_buffer_get_text_chars does not return any
characters if the start and end position are in the
same segment. I think the cause is the function
gtk_text_btree_get_text.
If you look at this code, there is a
while (seg != end_seg)
loop which obviously doesn't do anything if the start
and end segments are the same. So I added the
following code before the while:
if (seg == end_seg)
  {
    copy_segment(retval, include_hidden,
                 include_nonchars, &iter, &end);
  }
which made my program work... I don't know if it's the
right way to fix it though.

Dirk