Status of configurable global options (double-click timeout, etc.)?

Has any work been done on a scheme for setting the double-click timeout and
other global options?  I was browsing through the archives and it seemed that
someone wrote some code for this but I grabbed the latest CVS sources and the
timeout is still hard-coded.

If someone is working on this, I'd like to request that the menu select timeout
be configurable as well.  It's kind of silly to have to recompile GTK just to
set this timeout to zero.

If no one is currently working on this, I wouldn't mind writing some code to get
this into the 2.0 release.

-Josh