Re: Broken i18n and the new UI handler.

Federico Mena Quintero <federico helixcode com> writes:
> Even if you had the nice menu merging abstraction, it would still not
> be trivial.
>
> For example, right now it is very simple to export a widget as a
> Bonobo control.  You just do
>
> 	GtkWidget *my_widget;
> 	BonoboControl *control;
>
> 	my_widget = gtk_my_widget_new ();
>
> 	control = bonobo_control_new (my_widget);
> 	if (!control) {
> 		g_message ("Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek");
> 		exit (EXIT_FAILURE);
> 	}

But this doesn't do menu merge. If we put this stuff we're discussing
in GTK+ then it would, so for many controls (all panel applets for
example) this would be all you need to do to get the menu stuff.

Yeah it's still useful to have an application-specific IDL sometimes,
but it may as well be simple to do the basic widget embedding
nonetheless.

Havoc