Re: GObject and Gtk+ Finalization

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 12:43:28PM -0600, Eric Lemings wrote:
> G'day,
>
> In Gtk+ 1.2, the GtkObject class has a three-step process for releasing
> objects: shutdown, destroy, and finalize.  In GLib 2.0, the GObject
> class only has two steps: shutdown and finalize.
>
> What happened to destroy?  Did the paradigm change?

As far as I can gather, destroy is not in GObject because it's a
signal of GtkObject.  At this time GObject does not yet have signals.
The destroy signal is called from the GtkObject::shutdown override,
so it all really works like before as long as you are dealing with GtkObject
derivations.

I'm not sure if destroy will move to GObject when the signal stuff is moved.
In fact I'd be interested in an answer on that issue myself.  Tim?

George