Re: Status of 2.0 API freeze bugs

Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:

> On 3 Apr 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > 1579	general	gtk+	Setting Gtk widget insensitive can lock GUI
> >
> >  Was mostly fixed in GTK+-1.2; probably can be fixed by combination
> >  of documentation and porting that.
>
> I tried the example in the bug, but it didn't lock the GUI.

The problem is definitely real.

 - Widget with a pointer grab becomes shadowed by gtk_grab_add()
   or becomes insensitive and never gets button release.

 - Widget with gtk_grab_add() becomes insensitive. (This is
   what the GTK+-1.2 change fixed.)

Things like this. If you look at my mail to the list about
notification of shadowing by gtk_grab_add() I made suggestions
there about the elemements of a fix.